Sterling Heights, MI
MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
The Quality Control Inspector
This position sits in our Sterling Heights, MI facility and will report to the Quality Manager.
• Assures product quality and manufacturing accuracy by properly using inspection equipment
• Maintains product quality documentation by keeping accurate records and files; such as Material Certifications, First Article Inspection Reports (AS9102), Inspection Method Sheets (IMS), First Piece Inspection
• Read and interprets aerospace blueprints and geometrical tolerancing
• Has knowledge in the use of all types of standard inspection measurement equipment, such as micrometers, dial bore gauges, internal and external thread gauges, use of sine plates and indicators. Inspection process can involve use of various chemicals and solvents
• Contributes to cost-effective operations by troubleshooting equipment and makes recommendations for new or replacement parts and/or equipment
• Solves problems by working closely with customers and/or suppliers
• Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive attitude
• Can train fellow inspectors (or operators) as required in inspection methods.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures
• Fosters positive relationships with internal and external customers
• Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations
• High School or Technical School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology a plus
• A minimum of 5 years in quality inspection (final, source and in process inspection) working in a manufacturing environment
• Must have CMM experience and/or DQR qualifications
• Problem identification and resolution skills
• Experience with quality management systems compliant with AS9100 and knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Report requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus
• Ability to apply geometry, trigonometry, and calculus skills to solve work-related problems and calibrate equipment
• Ability to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.