Quality Assurance Engineer (Product)
Quality Assurance Engineer (Product)
MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
• To ensure all legislative, regulatory and contractual requirements are met in the production processes.
• To improve production processes through trend analysis of production issues, identification of opportunities for improvement and support in problem resolution.
• To plan and conduct product inspection and process effective assessments across the MBNA operational value streams.
This position sits in Newton Abbot, UK and will report to the Principal Quality Engineer (Product)
• To at all times demonstrate adherence to the business’ values and behaviors, fully aligning with the MB Cornerstones.
• Participate in 6S activity and audits where required.
• Provision of professional support and advice on aspects of quality within Manufacturing.
• Apply quality expertise to critical business issues to support business excellence, continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction.
• Validate the implementation and effectiveness of corrective actions resulting from Internal and external audits.
• To promote a safety-first culture. Intervene constructively to highlight or challenge unsafe or perceived unsafe actions.
• Responsible for the timely and effective completion of all findings and corrective actions assigned to the post holder.
• To conduct any other reasonable activities as directed by line management.
• Work collaboratively with customers to fully understand their quality standards and approval procedures. Represent the customer’s interests in the development of new and improved processes to ensure their requirements are met.
• To act as a problem-solving facilitator for the business, working with action owners to ensure investigations are completed in the prescribed manner, actions are addressed, benefits are understood and learning opportunities identified and embedded.
• Sentence product non-conformance (MRB) when required, raise concessions and complete customer return requests. Collate information to identify risks to product quality and recommend corrective action.
• Produce reports in relation to product quality issues and activities. Analyse product data, e.g. Right First Time and Cost of Poor Quality, to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Regularly review the production operations to check quality standards are being met and maintained. Record results to trend performance and identify problem areas at the earliest opportunity.
• Manage the timely submission of required documentation to customers in the change process (e.g. MVAs, FAIRs, PPAP).
• Act as an approved release signatory for the shipment of product.
• Keep up-to-date with manufacturing processes, quality procedures and regulations. Support their adoption in the business.
For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified above to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged, these include:
• Process Owners. To take responsibility for the processes they own and to ensure they are effectively measured and improved.
• Action Owners. To ensure the timely and effective closure of all open actions with appropriate learning identified and embedded into process.
• Audit Stakeholders. To ensure the provision of timely support for all audits planned within their areas of the business.
To engage with customers and regulators with respect to product quality across relevant value stream.
• Minimum HNC or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline.
• Proven ability in using quality tools and techniques in relation to problem solving.
• Demonstrable proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Associate or Practitioner of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI), or can demonstrate working towards it.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), including report writing.
• To meet the requirements of a Quality Assurance Engineer as defined in the Quality Competence Framework (once published).
• Demonstrable capability to interpret engineering drawings and use related CAD, CAM software
• Knowledge of FMEA, PPAP and AS13000 suite of aerospace standards desirable.
• Understanding of Lean / CI principles.
• Demonstrable ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst meeting operational deadline requirements.
The duties of the post may change from time to time without altering their general character or the level of responsibility entailed. The job holder must:
• Be aware of the Company’s aims, organisational values and behaviors and their impact on this post.
• Carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Company’s Equality in Employment Policy
• Carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with the Company in health and safety matters.
• To comply with the Data Protection Act
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required within the grading level of the post and the competence of the post holder.
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
Can’t see the role you want? Register your details with us to be notified when we’re hiring!