Job Title Assembly/Fitter
Reports to: Team Leader/Assembly Manager
Mechanical Assembly/Fitter required for Aerospace/Defence Company.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assemble and fit a range of products to strict procedures and requirements.
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools, large fixtures and precision measuring equipment.
• In-process testing of sub-assemblies.
• Ensure traceability of parts and equipment throughout the assembly process.
• Create and maintain a team focused work environment.
• Seek out, identify and participate in Continuous Improvement opportunities.
• Responsible for general housekeeping and cleanliness of working area.
• Support “Best Practices” to achieve company goals for safety, delivery, cost and quality.
• Extensive in-house training will be provided.
• Inspires and motivates others around them
• Encourages and facilitates change
• Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed
• Constantly displays integrity and respect
• Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined approach
• Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions
• Maintain a positive attitude in order to positively influence the process improvement activities throughout the organization
• Previous experience in assembly/fitting.
• Relevant mechanical qualifications ideal but not essential
Production Schedule Planner
Production Schedule Planner
MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
Liaising directly with multiple customers monitoring demand requirements and producing an agreed production plan to satisfy requirements. Working closely with the Operations and Procurement Teams to ensure targets are met. This position sits in Newton Abbot, UK and will report to the Master Schedule & Supply Chain Manager
• Work closely with the sales, procurement and production teams to receive, review, revise, accept or reject as appropriate customer schedules, translating them into accepted
MBANA format demand schedule and capacity plans.
• Communicate monthly programmes to manufacturing cells, setting delivery targets and liaise with shift managers and cell shift leaders to ensure targets are met.
• Constantly reviewing MBANA commitment to customer considering machine capacity, raw material availability, sub contract performance, lead time and customer need. Providing the
detail required for regular SIOP meetings.
• Plan and priorities in line with budgetary needs:
o The issue of work to the shop floor considering machine capacity, raw material availability, sub contract performance, lead time and customer needs
o Despatches to sub-contractors and customers
• Work closely with the Operations Team to monitor and expedite MBANA performance to ensure production targets are met, capacity plans maintained and report progress and results
across MBANA in required formats.
• Work closely with the Procurement Team to monitor and expedite supplier and sub-contractor performance ensuring targets are met, identifying challenges to be escalated
• Be the primary link between the customer and manufacturing supply chain and ensure any information which may be deemed to be of a sensitive, damaging, or useful nature is
communicated to Senior Management
• Act as a representative for MBANA when visiting or attending meetings with customers and dealing with all matters arising and provide visit reports. Entertaining and dealing with
hospitality issues for visiting customers outside of normal working hours when required to do so.
• Educated to a minimum of A level standard
• HND/Degree, IOM qualification or NVQ Level 3 Management Certificate preferable
• Demand scheduling, production and capacity planning experience essential
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment desirable
• Commitment to continuing professional development
• Commercial and supply chain awareness
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Relationship building skills and experience
• Problem solving
• Effective team working
• Project management / co-ordination
• Must have a valid Passport
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
Can’t see the role you want? Register your details with us to be notified when we’re hiring!